Protect the Nest

As the effects of this pandemic impact our friends, our families, and our world, we must work to protect the health and safety of every member of our campus community.

We will protect ourselves. We will protect others. We will protect our Owl community.

The Pledge
Being a part of the Owl community means that each of us must take extraordinary steps to stay well and persistently protect others. Therefore, each person will take responsibility for their own health and to help keep the Westfield State community safe by stopping the spread of COVID-19 and other infections as identified and instructed by the University.

• I pledge to protect myself:
– Monitor for the symptoms of COVID-19 and report to a medical professional if I experience: a fever of 100.4 F (36 C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell.

– Wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.

– Consider receiving appropriate vaccinations each fall.

• I pledge to protect others:
– Maintain appropriate physical distancing, especially in classrooms, offices, and physical settings.

– Stay home if I feel ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19.

– Wear an appropriate face mask and other protective gear as directed by
the University.

– If anyone seems either troubled or struggling, engage with them in a positive, sensitive, and caring way.

• I pledge to protect our community:
– Keep my clothing, belongings, personal spaces, and shared common
spaces clean.

– Participate in appropriate testing and contact tracing strategies, and isolate or quarantine as needed to preserve the wellness of the Owl Community.

– Carefully observe instructional signs and follow directions.

– Remind others who act in unhealthy or unsafe ways that we ALL have a
responsibility to protect our community